Every Classroom Matters episode 200
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Digital shop class! Igniting wonder! You can write on the desks. You can write on the walls; there are no grades! Learning is a game where students level up and earn experience points. Kids are building things to improve their community. Does this sound like a dream? No! It’s happening right now in Kevin Jarrett’s classroom.
Kevin is using game based learning and every cutting edge tool you can imagine to ignite curiosity and spur on student achievement. Listen to today’s episode to uncover the secrets, tools, and tips behind teacher Kevin Jarrett’s cutting edge classroom.
Thank you Brainchase, today’s sponsor
What You’ll Learn When You Listen to Today’s Show
- What is the structure of a classroom that ignites wonder?
- How can you have a student centered classroom and still have empathy and technology work together?
- Can you stop taking grades and still improve student achievement?
- How you can use game based learning with a simple WordPress plug-in.
- Why we shouldn’t use the term maker space anymore.
Educator Resources from this Episode
Here are links to the resource Kevin shared in the show. Listen to this show to learn how he used them.
- Game-on WordPress Plugin uses game based learning in your classroom.
- Ready, Set, Design curriculum from Cooper-Hewitt
- The Extraordinaires Design Studio
The post A LOOK INSIDE a Digital Shop Class: Game Based Learning, Design Thinking and … appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
from Cool Cat Teacher BlogCool Cat Teacher Blog http://www.coolcatteacher.com/11186-2/