Wednesday, September 16, 2015

How To Take a Screenshot in Windows [Video]

Video Post
Every student should know how to take a screenshot. A screenshot is simply a picture of the screen.

Why do you need to know how to take a screenshot?

  • To get technical support
  • To create new things! (with permission, of course)
  • To share!
  • To document things that happen online for safety reasons  (see below)

Four Ways to Take a Screenshot in Windows

In this tutorial, I cover 4 ways to take a screenshot.

  1. The hotkeys built in with Windows (both the whole screen and just the active window)
  2. Using the Windows Snipping tool
  3. The Screenshot tools built into Microsoft Office
  4. Adding the Snagit Plug in to Chrome

I want my students to understand all four of them. The audio isn’t so perfect on this one, but I hope it helps you see what I teach my students.

At the end, I mention the 5 Steps to Online safety that from my book Reinventing Writing. You can download a free poster with these five steps on them to share with your students. 

The post How To Take a Screenshot in Windows [Video] appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog.


from Cool Cat Teacher Blog http://www.coolcatteacher.com/videos/how-to-take-a-screenshot-in-windows/

No comments:

Post a Comment